Higgs Newton Kenyon Solicitors are a Lexcel accredited, leading law firm in the area of civil actions against the police and public authorities, data protection breaches and victims of crime/abuse cases.
We are looking for a Solicitor at NQ – 5 years qualified to join our expanding civil actions against the police team. Re-train positions are also offered for a Solicitor with a strong civil litigation background of at least 3 years. Full training will be provided.
The role will involve running your own caseload of actions against the police and public bodies for matters including unlawful arrest, false imprisonment, human rights breaches, malicious prosecution, misfeasance in public office, judicial review and data protection breaches.
Salary – Up to £40k p/a plus bonus depending on experience.
- At least 3 years of experience dealing with Part 7 litigation work
- Excellent knowledge of the CPR and pre-action disclosure procedure
- Experienced in fast-track work
- Experienced in multi-track work preferred but not essential
- Experienced in running cases to trial
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to conduct own research
- Experienced in using case management systems such as Proclaim
- Excellent IT skills
- Strong academic background with a law degree
In return, you will be offered –
- Market competitive salary with attractive monthly bonus
- 32 days annual leave plus Christmas office closure
- Holiday entitlement accruing annually
- Additional birthday leave
- Office hours Mon – Fri 9am – 5pm
- 4pm finish on the last Friday of each month
- Legal typist to assist you with your work
- Practicing certificate renewed annually
- Internal and external training provided and paid for
- Modern city centre office
- Excellent and modern IT system
- Company pension scheme
- Flexible working provisions including working from home
- Excellent progression opportunities
If you are interested in joining a market leader in this area of law, please get in touch today.